Job Description: Sales & Service Associate
Job Location: The Blairs
Position Type: Full Time, 5 days weekly with weekend work required
As a Sales & Service Associate you serve as the front line Tower ambassador to our new residents. You are helping to build a community, one new resident at time! You take a genuine interest in those around you and representing Tower to the best of your abilities. You take pride in the community, in your sales office, in your coworkers, and most importantly, YOU!
You are a sales leader, but you are also a service provider at the highest level! Your role is focused on leasing apartments in our 1,100 unit, 3 high rise building community.
Your proactive outreach every day gives you the edge! You PLAN for your success!
- Know your community and the available inventory each day. Be aware of any special deals to promote.
- Create a daily goal of at least 15 outreach calls to spur interest in your community and track your progress. Don’t stop until you have met your goal each day. Challenge yourself to do more!
- Email or SMS follow up is also important! Strive to follow up with at least 10 clients each day.
- Take incoming calls as serious inquiries; have available apartments top of mind and help your clients “view” the options on our website. Invite that future resident into the office to tour with you and remind them to bring their documentation to complete the lease for their new home!
- Document your calls, emails, tours, follow up and anything else in Yardi and CRM to account for your work each day. This will keep your valuable leads organized and properly flagged as yours.
- Don’t forget to document any resident referrals! These are an important part of our program and assist with resident retention. If a referral has taken place, ensure the needed paperwork has been completed.
- Take the initiative and make plans to attend outreach events such as community events and career fairs to interact with people about our incredible offerings. Be creative!
- Remember to stay up to date on your assigned e-learning to stay fresh and engaged in the business!
As a Sales & Service Associate, you are empowered to make things happen every day at Tower communities! Prepare to give your guests an incredible client experience they will not forget! Be the difference!
- Review your calendar each morning for appointments you have made, and make sure that you have names and details fresh in your mind for any set tours for the day.
- Walk available or targeted apartments to ensure they are rent-ready. Use your sparkle kits to give those units the extra polish they need to close your sales! If the units you walked need any work, promptly put in a service ticket and notify your supervisor of that unit’s status.
Greet your scheduled (and unscheduled guests) with a smile, firm handshake and your knowledge of the property; demonstrate all the features and benefits available to our new residents. They want to find their new home; be ready to change their world! We are loaded with differentiating qualities and programs!
- Direct your future residents to the leasing portal to complete an application.
- Welcome them into the family! Give them your card, invite them to call with questions.
You did it! Now, wrap up the sale!
- Reach out to the future resident to keep your connection “warm” and to encourage the completion of the documentation process.
- Once approved, you or the Move-In Coordinator (property specific) must generate the resident’s Welcome Home Letter. Then call and present the move in date with enthusiasm to your now-resident! Remember, the sale is not complete until they move in! Communication is key! All new residents must sign the lease within 72 hours!
- Complete your Move-In Checklist. Ensure you, or the Move-In Coordinator (property specific) has all that is needed for your resident to arrive and pick up the keys to their new home!
- 72 hours (at The Blairs) or 48 hours (at the Pearl) before the new resident’s arrival, do a final walk through. If you spot a problem, promptly put in a service ticket to ensure the matter is resolved before the new resident arrives. Before you depart that apartment, leave a fabulous move-in gift!
- Move in Day! If possible (may not be possible during high leasing/peak season), have your Move-In Inspection list ready to walk the unit one final time with the new resident. Have the keys ready for your new resident to make sure they work, and make sure they know where all the amenities are so they feel right at home.
Don’t forget to get your commission!
- Upload your lease documents into CRM; using your Lease File Checklist as a guide for completion. You have earned it!
One final thing….
- You may be asked to work on a special project or initiative and we expect everyone to embrace these opportunities!
Education and Experience we seek:
- College Degree preferred, with summer work experience in a sales and customer service OR
- A minimum of 3 years of full time successful work experience in a sales and customer service role (preferably commissioned sales environment)
- Multifamily residential leasing experience highly preferred
- Ability to maintain an annual leasing closing ratio of 30%
- Strong command of the English language; verbal and in writing
- Persuasive communication skills; a natural ability to “paint a picture” with words
- Outstanding work ethic; reliable, on time, trusted to work independently
- Maturity and grace in all situations; discernment to know when to escalate an issue to management
- Coachable and teachable with a strong desire to learn and stay current in techniques and industry trends
- Team oriented; thoughtful, respectful and considerate of others, never putting self ahead of the team
- Social media and computer savvy; able to pick up on software programs easily; Microsoft Office Suite skills and experience required
- Strong organizational skills and an orientation and eye for managing details
- Capable of effectively managing multiple initiatives simultaneously
*All candidates must submit to and meet the required outcomes of a background check, drug test and reference check prior to commencing employment.
The Tower Companies is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collaborative and exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan.
If you are interested in this position and working for The Tower Companies, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@towecompanies.com. No phone calls please.
About The Tower Companies
For three generations, the family-owned Tower Companies has maintained a commitment to responsible development and envisions a world where buildings inspire and enrich the lives of their occupants, and create positive social change. The green building leader owns, develops, and manages over 5 million square feet in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area consisting of office buildings, office parks, lifestyle centers, regional malls, eco-progressive live-work-play communities and hotels with over 8,000,000 SF in the development pipeline. The Tower Companies built Blair Towns, the first LEED certified apartments in the country, and is an international authority in the industry. We have been recognized for our commitment to sustainability and energy independence by numerous national organizations and federal agencies, including US Green Building Council, US Department of Energy and the US Environmental Protection Agency.