Reports to: Director of Residential Management
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Supervises: On-site office and property personnel
Compensation: Exempt/Salaried. Bonus as determined by the program
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Day to day management of all physical aspects of the property, and ensuring that
they are at all times fully functional and maintained in an attractive condition
through daily visual inspections, property walks and team walks as necessary.
• Maintain an excellent customer service relationship by adhering to the highest
levels of customer service expectations. This should include both internal and
external customers and will involve prompt follow up with each and every
customer, via their preferred method of communication and ensuring that
customers are never waiting to hear from us.
• Same day response to all residents is expected to the extent possible.
• Ensure written communication to residents is professional and timely.
• Work with the various departments, both at the Blairs and at the corporate office
to ensure a seamless, valuable experience for our residents.
• Promote and teach safe work practices among on-site staff and ensure all safety
programs are implemented and followed.
• Comply with all Federal, State and Local Fair Housing laws and statutory
requirements when working with residents.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with staff members and ensure
compliance of all personnel management standards. Be an example.
• Analyze operational information for impact on NOI, identify trends and
recommend appropriate strategies and adjustments.
• Direct efforts to ensure all purchasing guidelines are followed including timely
entry of purchase orders and approval of invoices.
• Be responsive and receptive to owners’ needs, goals, and objectives.
• Participate in company training classes and meetings as required.
• Effectively understand and operate the company’s various software programs
and ensure staff is properly trained in the respective programs for their
• Act as office managers, ensuring proper supply ordering and other duties as
needed to maintain a customer focused work environment and clean,
organized office space for all team members.
• Enforce resident retention and service request follow-up programs.
• Assist the General Manager with management functions and other
responsibilities as required.
• Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills
and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
A college degree is preferred but not required. The position requires the ability to read
and write English fluently, the ability to accurately perform intermediate
mathematical functions and the ability to understand and perform all on-site
resident management software functions.
A minimum of two years experience in residential property management or a related
field is required.
The position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks
of the year. Due to the property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that
individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if
necessary, overtime hours when requested. The position requires the ability to serve
on-call, as scheduled or as necessary. Travel may be required at times to attend
various company gatherings either in the general vicinity of the associates home
property, or in another state. You must also be able to attend certain resident events
that are held after hours.
The position requires excellent skills in the management and motivation of people
and the ability to communicate effectively with residents, prospects, and vendors. In
addition, the position requires, but is not limited to, the following:
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong administrative and organizational skills (juggling multiple projects,
• Ability to think rationally during a crisis
• Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize wisely
• Strong customer service orientation
• Good understanding of sales and marketing concepts and the ability to
develop, implement, and evaluate marketing plans
• Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements including dealing with
vendors and contractors
• Ability to close a sale
• Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and
company utilized software packages
• Minimum of basic knowledge of computers
• Ability to use Outlook, Yardi,
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel
• Minimum of basic knowledge of the Internet
Learning & Development:
Maintain a commitment to ongoing personal development and career growth though
career path activities provided through the corporate office and external sources as
The Tower Companies is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collaborative and exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan.
If you’re interested in this position and working for The Tower Companies, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@towercompanies.com. No phone calls please.
About The Tower Companies
For three generations, the family-owned Tower Companies has maintained a commitment to responsible development and envisions a world where buildings inspire and enrich the lives of their occupants, and create positive social change. The green building leader owns, develops, and manages over 5 million square feet in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area consisting of office buildings, office parks, lifestyle centers, regional malls, eco-progressive live-work-play communities and hotels with over 8,000,000 SF in the development pipeline. The Tower Companies is recognized as an international authority in the industry, and to have been recognized for its commitment to sustainability and energy independence by numerous national organizations and federal agencies, including US Green Building Council, US Department of Energy and the US Environmental Protection Agency.