Position: Property Manager-The Blairs
Reports to: VP, Property Management
Direct reports: Assistant Manager, more TBD
The Tower Companies seeks a dynamic, driven leader to serve as the Property Manager of our well established, high rise community located near downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, The Blairs. You will love leading our dedicated and success-focused team, and making a difference in the lives of our residents. We engage our residents with on-going community events and by providing wellness and lifestyle programs. On any given day you’ll find us at together at a happy hour or morning breakfast gathering, a super bowl party, or a live concert or music night on the green. Our community has a vital retail center within, including a Giant grocery store, 24 hour CVS, multiple restaurants and services for our residents. We are located across from the Silver Spring Metro and Marc train station, and a 20 minute drive to downtown DC. Our residents enjoy all of these conveniences, but are most impressed by our enthusiastic and professional team and their commitment to providing an outstanding experience to all who reside here.
We seek an experienced residential Property Manager who will inspire the team to perform to their greatest potential. The chosen candidate will have not only strong leadership skills and abilities, but will possess a solid business acumen, experience with financial reporting, customer service, NOI management and high operational standards.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Leading by example, demonstrating consistency, accountability, professionalism and unparalleled customer service.
Providing positive coaching and mentoring; championing team members encouraging their development and learning.
Inspiring and motivating the team to effectively execute operational practices, achieve budgeted occupancy and resident renewal goals. Setting goals for yourself and your team; providing opportunities to achieve and surpass goals.
Assist the Sr. Property Manager & Marketing Strategist and support innovative sales and marketing strategies to drive traffic to ensure sales benchmarks are met and stability is achieved within budget. Assist in reviewing ILS websites for current and competitive offerings and effectiveness. Updating or replacing services as assigned.
Assist in completing market surveys, analyze competitors and shopping of all competitors quarterly.
Managing all resident matters and concerns; resolving issues swiftly and consistent to policies and best practices. Owning issues as they arise and ensuring follow up for all matters of concern.
Managing the financial performance of the property in accordance with the established budget and providing operational and financial reports to ownership.
Cultivating and maintaining strong, loyal relationships with all constituents—owners, residents, employees and vendors.
Understanding and communicating Tower’s value proposition to all stakeholders: employees, residents, community partners, vendor partners.
Creating an operating environment that assures consistent resident engagement, yielding outstanding customer satisfaction ratings and community reviews. Serving as a passionate evangelist of the Blairs and Tower!
- Bachelor of Science degree highly preferred
- 3+ years as a residential Property Manager in >300 units.
- 5+ years of experience as a leader in the property management industry; previous leasing experience a must.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done
- An ability to set your own priorities and those of your team, each day; create your own structure.
- Experience with marketing, outreach, competitive market surveys.
- A customer engagement mentality; naturally service minded and striving to exceed resident expectations.
- Strong sales skills and goal achievement mindset; ability to motivate others to achievement.
- A track record of success building, developing and retaining high-performing teams
- A track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with clients, investors, ownership groups and vendors
- Experience managing a budget and/or P&L
- Proficiency with industry software (YARDI highly pref), apps and computer programs
- Strong financial and reporting skills; Excel proficiency
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- A sharp professional appearance.
- The availability to work one weekend monthly, if needed.
- The ability to respond to emergencies and be onsite within no more than 30 minutes, if required.
- The ability to respond to emergency phone calls and emails after hours, as needed.
- The ability to open and operate the property on time during inclement weather.
Preferred qualifications include:
A college degree
High rise experience
Experience working in property management in Montgomery County, MD
The Tower Companies is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collaborative and exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan.
If you’re interested in this position and working for The Tower Companies, please send your resume and cover letter to Kathy.Murphy@Towercompanies.com
No phone calls please.
The Tower Companies, and its affiliates, are Equal Opportunity Employers.
About The Tower Companies
For three generations, the family-owned Tower Companies has maintained a commitment to responsible development and envisions a world where buildings inspire and enrich the lives of their occupants, and create positive social change. The green building leader owns, develops, and manages over 5 million square feet in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area consisting of office buildings, office parks, lifestyle centers, regional malls, eco-progressive live-work-play communities and hotels with over 8,000,000 SF in the development pipeline. The Tower Companies is recognized as an international authority in the industry, and to have been recognized for its commitment to sustainability and energy independence by numerous national organizations and federal agencies, including US Green Building Council, US Department of Energy and the US Environmental Protection Agency