Reports to: Property Manager
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Supervises: Leasing Team
Compensation: Exempt / not eligible for overtime. Bonuses based on bonus program.
Summary: The Leasing Manager leads the sales team to peak performance while developing sales and marketing strategies that increase traffic, maximize closing ratios and achieve and exceed budgeted occupancy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an excellent customer service relationship.
- Manage the leasing process in the most efficient and profitable manner possible given existing market conditions consistent with the goals and objectives of the company and community owners.
- Proactively recommend appropriate strategies and adjustments to rental rates and leasing specials.
- Ensure timely completion of bonus paperwork for all leasing agents.
- Participate in company training classes and meetings as required.
- Effectively understand and operate the company’s various software programs and ensure the staff is properly trained in the respective programs for their positions.
- Train on-site associates in all leasing paperwork and sales techniques.
- Responsible for ensuring sales team understands the EPMS shopping report program in its entirety. The shop, benchmark questions, rewards, bonuses, and consequences.
- Identify areas of improvement in the sales team, create and implement a corrective action plan, and report to the Sr. Property Manager on the scope of the plan and the progress. Ensure that all members of the leasing team are properly preparing new residents for the community.
- Responsible for implementation of motivational leasing goals, usually monthly.
- Manage and maintain the competitive market survey and update monthly or as otherwise directed.
- Effectively manage monthly work schedules for each associate to include time allotment for active career growth for associates by ensuring attendance in the appropriate training courses.
- Adhere to the company’s Standard Operating Procedures and communicate changes to the leasing staff in a timely, effective manner. Provide training on policy changes as necessary to ensure full compliance by all members of the team.
- Respond to web leads, telephone inquiries, conduct site tours, and effectively lease apartments.
- Continuously develop and expand current sales and leadership skills. Manage your required training/Development Plan.
- Prepare all lease-related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Be able to explain all lease documents to new and existing residents. Ensure that all leasing consultants’ paperwork is free of errors.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies which may include but are not limited to, website management, outreach programs, and ordering promotional items.
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion of all daily, weekly and monthly leasing reports and other information as directed.
- Responsible for auditing all lease files for key controls and bonus submission.
- Review guest cards to ensure entry into Yardi and follow-up as well as monitor any traffic trends.
- Manage Level One to ensure all information is accurate and up to date, including apartment pricing, specials, availability, ad sources and property information.
- Walk and inspect vacant units with the Turnover Department on a weekly basis or as otherwise directed.
- Ensure move-in procedures are followed by each member of the leasing team, and provide a future move-in list to the Concierge Manager every Friday morning.
- Maintain welcome gift stock and ensure the leasing team is up to date with the contents.
- Ensure a smooth elevator reservation process with all new move-ins.
- Examine closing ratios and coach the team to ensure all traffic is entered and provide leadership and direction to the leasing team as necessary to maintain and improve closing ratios.
- Ensure all new prospect information is entered in real time.
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Associates must follow requirements for training/development plans. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
A minimum of a high school education is required. The position requires the ability to read and write English fluently, and the ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
- 1-2 years experience in residential management required.
The position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the Community staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime hours when requested. Position requires the ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required. Position requires individuals to furnish their own vehicle to fulfill all of the job’s functions.
- Must be team oriented but able to work independently on occasion
- Excellent sales skills
- Must possess leadership skills and coaching ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
- Must be well organized
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multi-task
- Must demonstrate tact and diplomacy
- Intermediate knowledge of computers
- Intermediate knowledge Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Expanded knowledge of Internet marketing and how it works.
- Ability to learn and operate all company software programs
Learning & Development:
Maintain a commitment to ongoing personal development and career growth though career path activities provided through internal and external sources as needed.
Please send resumes and inquiries to: HR@towercompanies.com