Job Description: Marketing Manager
Office Locations: Rockville, Maryland
Position Type: Full Time
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for a range of marketing and communications activities that support various functions of the organization by developing strategies and tactics that communicate and support the company’s vision and mission to all stakeholders. This position will report to the Vice President of Strategy and Sustainability to craft and implement creative initiatives at the corporate, portfolio, and property level. The Marketing Manager will help to maintain the company brand both internally and externally and ensure the company’s leadership role and visibility in the real estate industry.
- Provide creative and strategic marketing recommendations
- Develop, edit, and distribute newsworthy press releases to share company success stories
- Create, update, and publish all content for websites and social media platforms
- Share and promote company news and case studies with the industry
- Track, develop, and submit to earn industry recognized awards as part of the company’s desire to be a leader in the real estate community both locally and nationally
- Create newsletters for internal and external audiences
- Work with vendors to implement specialized marketing strategies
- Coordinate and work closely with corporate and property management teams to develop marketing and outreach campaigns and design associated materials to engage employees, tenants, vendors, community organizations, and other relevant audiences
- Develop and manage marketing budgets and associated expenses with vendors
- Work with development, construction, sustainability, and leasing teams to develop successful marketing strategies for newly developed properties
- Monitors market for trends and innovations in the real estate industry, with a special focus on sustainability and property management strategies.
- Develop strong working relationships with relevant stakeholders within and outside the team to ensure successful execution of marketing initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- Four year degree in marketing or communications field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a marketing or communications environment
- Real estate industry exposure/experience preferred
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong familiarity and proficiency using Word Press, Mail Chimp, Photoshop, InDesign, and other related graphic software skills to assist with marketing tasks.
- Creative skills and the ability to develop content and graphics for various projects.
- Responsible for prioritizing projects to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Be recognized as a leader, flexible, proactive and highly motivated; have strong, organizational and communication skills with proven attention to detail.
- General knowledge and interest of corporate responsibility trends and green building strategies in the real estate industry.
- Capable of effectively managing multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent human relations skills.
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional/courteous manner.
The Tower Companies is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collaborative and exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan.
If you’re interested in this position and working for The Tower Companies, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@towercompanies.com. No phone calls please.
About The Tower Companies
For three generations, the family-owned Tower Companies has maintained a commitment to responsible development and envisions a world where buildings inspire and enrich the lives of their occupants, and create positive social change. The green building leader owns, develops, and manages over 5 million square feet in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area consisting of office buildings, office parks, lifestyle centers, regional malls, eco-progressive live-work-play communities and hotels with over 8,000,000 SF in the development pipeline. The Tower Companies is recognized as an international authority in the industry, and to have been recognized for its commitment to sustainability and energy independence by numerous national organizations and federal agencies, including US Green Building Council, US Department of Energy and the US Environmental Protection Agency.