Job Description: Manager, Marketing Communications
Office Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Reports to: VP, Property Management
Position Type: Full Time
The Manager, Marketing Communications will support Tower’s business strategy with a focus on its owned and managed multifamily residential properties which includes 1,400 residential units in the downtown Silver Spring area; a DC metropolitan market. This will be achieved by working collaboratively with the VP, Property Management, Property Managers and Directors onsite, the Sustainability & Strategy department and ownership as well as other operational departments as needed. The objective of this role is to provide and/or coordinate marketing services and strategies that best support the attainment of established occupancy and revenue goals as well as maximize the overall financial performance of each asset. The Manager, Marketing Communications acts as an advisor to the business, delivering impactful and meaningful programs, campaigns and communication strategies that position Tower and it’s owned and managed properties as a market leader.
The primary goal of the Manager, Marketing Communications is to drive revenue and occupancy through integrated, creative and aggressive marketing campaigns. Strategies employed will include lead-generating digital marketing, SEO (website, microsites, blogs; associated content & metrics), events and sponsorships, partnerships, and public relations initiatives. The Manager, Marketing Communications will enable the leasing and sales functions with selling tools (collateral including floor plans, tear sheets, signage, promotions), targeting recommendations, training, and communications; and ensures the brand is represented consistently across the portfolio. They will initiate and plan sales events such as open houses, community outreach events and customer appreciation initiatives and will use this data to “tell the Tower story” through experiences and customer testimony.
In addition, the Manager, Marketing Communications will have ownership of Tower’s brand messaging; maintaining and extending Tower’s positioning the real estate industry using traditional media relations, public relations, advertising and next-generational media.
The ideal candidate is a creative self-starter who has a record of accomplishment and passion for driving revenue through thoughtful, trend setting initiatives. This candidate will be highly skilled and proficient in all aspects of marketing. The successful candidate is nimble, pragmatic, and a creative problem-solver, comfortable working as a one-person department, leading collaboratively with other operational functions with Tower.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Direct Selling (Leasing Agent)
- Collateral to include, floor plans, tear sheets, signage, premiums and promotions, etc.
- Search Engine Optimized (SEO-driven) Content
- Website, Microsites, Blogs
- Organic Search Success Metrics
- Creation of robust, relevant and ongoing content
- Community Relations Per Property
- “Experiential” Marketing
- Public Relations and Local Outreach
- Launches and Lease-Ups
- Tenant, Community Testimonials
- Powerful Use of Stories
- Workflow Platform and Optimization
- Digital Asset Management (D.A.M.)
- Cloud-Based, Corporate-Wide; Integrated with Company’s Major IT Platform(s)
- Access, Approvals, Legal, Copyright
- Brand Messaging
- Maintaining/Extending Tower’s position in the Real Estate Industry around our key strengths using a variety of traditional media relations, public relations, advertising; and next-generation media (Experiential, Augmented Reality, etc.)
- Keeping top of mind that The Tower Companies seeks to Enrich The Lives and to Inspire Building Occupants.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in corporate marketing
- Business writing and editing expertise
- Content strategist experience
- Demonstrated SEO success (Google, Bing) for high-ranking organic search
- Knowledge of Paid Search platforms (AdWords, etc.)
- Content Management System (CMS) hands-on, in-depth expertise (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.)
- Social Media Guru (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
- E-Mail Marketing (Platforms such as Constant Contact, HubSpot, Salesforce, MailChimp)
- Rich Media Creation (Camtasia, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Event Planning and Management
- Photography and image-editing
- Digital Asset Management and workflow optimization know-how
- Budgeting on a per-project and department-wide level
- Strong command of the English language, written and verbal
- Ability to work flexible hours and sometimes extended hours as needed to support the objectives of the mission
- Natural team and consensus builder; strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Real estate experience preferred but not necessary
The Tower Companies is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collaborative and exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan.
If you are interested in this position and working for The Tower Companies, please send your resume and cover letter to Mary.Froehlich@towercompanies.com
No phone calls please. EOE
About The Tower Companies
For three generations, the family-owned Tower Companies has maintained a commitment to responsible development and envisions a world where buildings inspire and enrich the lives of their occupants, and create positive social change. The green building leader owns, develops, and manages over 5 million square feet in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area consisting of office buildings, office parks, lifestyle centers, regional malls, eco-progressive live-work-play communities and hotels with over 8,000,000 SF in the development pipeline. The Tower Companies is recognized as an international authority in the industry, and to have been recognized for its commitment to sustainability and energy independence by numerous national organizations and federal agencies, including US Green Building Council, US Department of Energy and the US Environmental Protection Agency.