Location: Silver Spring, MD
The Concierge will report to the Leasing Manager, and will be responsible for providing a comfortable atmosphere and stress-free environment to residents and their guests by delivering remarkable customer service. Duties include managing the front desk or office area, providing miscellaneous services and information to residents, at their request, as well as assisting prospective residents, vendors, contractors and visitors as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises concierge team, creates and manages schedule, and manages various services offered to the resident base
- Greets and escorts prospective residents to the leasing office.
- Answers incoming calls, places outgoing calls, and schedules appointments for leasing staff.
- Offers and provides information and assistance to residents, prospective residents, vendors, contractors, office staff, and management as needed.
- Prepares complimentary services, such as snacks and drinks.
- Accepts and delivers packages to residents and property staff.
- Ensures supplies are stocked and places orders when needed.
- Develops and implements resident activities appropriate for the demographics of the property.
- Assists Maintenance Department by processing work orders; follows up on work orders to ensure they are completed timely and accurately; and files work orders when complete.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
- If applicable, schedules elevator usage for resident move-ins, move-outs, and deliveries.
- Maintains tracking logs for equipment rentals, dry cleaning services, and/or other services provided by the property.
- Ensures Business Center is organized, faxes are delivered, and equipment is working properly.
- Develops and publishes property newsletter for residents in order to communicate planned events, activities, information, resident services, and advertisements.
- Posts flyers and other important reminders in designated areas.
- Communicates issues to supervisor or appropriate office staff member.
- Prepares and practices emergency plan, including evacuation, earthquake or inclement weather drills, and determines where people will go in the event of an emergency or disaster.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
- Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1year customer service experience.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
- Ability to use a personal computer and has working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet, as well as other computer tracking systems used at the property.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, 10-key and key track system.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
- Professional verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
- Ability to resolve problems.
- Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Current driver license and automobile insurance.
- Other licenses and/or certifications as required by state law.
- Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed uniform policy.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; Overtime may be required for this position.
- Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- Must be available to work on-call or when needed due to staffing shortages.
- Some travel may be required.
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Frequent stooping, lifting, feeling, talking, and hearing.
- Moderate climbing, kneeling, reaching, pushing, handling, hearing, and crouching.
- Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, wrists, legs, and feet.
- Pronounced visual acuity (near and far) and field of vision.
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Ability to identify and distinguish color.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to compare, copy, compute, compile, analyze, coordinate, negotiate, communicate, and instruct.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions (temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different regions).
- Exposure to noise, vibrations, atmospheric conditions, as well as working in confined or restricted spaces.
- Potential exposure to communicable diseases through frequent contact with public.
- Possible exposure to short-tempered or aggressive people.
- Potential exposure to chemicals, electrical shock, heights, mechanical parts or machines, fire, and radiation.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to HR@TowerCompanies.com