Position: Events Coordinator – The Blairs District
Reports to: Senior Property Manager & Marketing Strategist
Compensation: Non-Exempt / Hourly
Location: The Blairs District – Silver Spring, MD
To facilitate events and opportunities to engage the residents of The Blairs in order to instill a sense of community and belonging among its residents. To plan, organize, execute a wide variety of engagement opportunities, which meet the needs of the community, enhance our market position and communicate our brand standards and corporate responsibility objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Along with the SPM/MS, develop an events strategic plan for community events, which will include monthly, quarterly, annual events; budget; logistics and expected outcomes.
- Create and implement outreach programs and a monthly newsletter to increase participation in community events, including flyer creation and delivery, e-blasts, social media and other notification methods that may be available.
- Assist the Marketing team in social media efforts for The Blairs and manage all social communications and promotions regarding events.
- Research and survey the residents and associates periodically to determine what types of events are desired.
- Track event statistics, such as participation levels, location, and demographics of attendees in order to determine which events are more successful through resident surveys.
- Coordinate food and of food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (floral arrangements, linens, color schemes. Etc.) and other event vendors to meet quality expectations.
- Create maintain working relationships with multiple vendors, including, but not limited to, caterers, disc jockeys, Blair Shops businesses, car-share providers, organic food box delivery services, green vending machine companies, etc. with a focus on providing discounts to our residents through the online resident portal as well as providing healthy, sustainable services for community events.
- Maintain an excellent customer service relationship with all residents, associates, vendors and the general public.
- Propose new ideas to improve sustainable lifestyles, event planning and the implementation process.
- Host and attend all events. Solicit team member support and participation. Ensure staffing is adequate for execution. Serve as liaison with vendors on event related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events.
- Prepare name tags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Experience and responsibility for managing events in a business setting.
- 5+ years of business experience, with 2+ years of events management experience (minimum) desired.
- Extremely professional demeanor, representing the company and the properties in a positive and professional manner at all times. Serve as a brand ambassador for Tower and The Blairs District.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Discretion and discernment is required; excellent judgement and unquestionable professionalism is mandatory in managing resident events; speaking with residents, vendors and employees.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Experience managing an events budget. Ability to work creatively and effectively with available resources.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- A demonstrable passion for personal sustainability and well-being, a comfort in selling new ideas to people, a pioneering spirit, and can do attitude.
- Enthusiastic, professional customer service demeanor and high expectations for quality work and event execution required.
- Must be able to work a flexible and at times, inconsistent schedule, including early mornings, evening and weekends to host after hours and weekend events.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, email and web searches, and skill in use of social media.
The Tower Companies is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collaborative and exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan.
If you are interested in this position and working for The Tower Companies, please send your resume and cover letter to Kathy.Murphy@Towercompanies.com
No phone calls please.
The Tower Companies, and its affiliates, are Equal Opportunity Employers.
About The Tower Companies
For three generations, the family-owned Tower Companies has maintained a commitment to responsible development and envisions a world where buildings inspire and enrich the lives of their occupants, and create positive social change. The green building leader owns, develops, and manages over 5 million square feet in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area consisting of office buildings, office parks, lifestyle centers, regional malls, eco-progressive live-work-play communities and hotels with over 8,000,000 SF in the development pipeline. The Tower Companies is recognized as an international authority in the industry, and to have been recognized for its commitment to sustainability and energy independence by numerous national organizations and federal agencies, including US Green Building Council, US Department of Energy and the US Environmental Protection Agency.