Job Description: Senior Property Manager
Primary Office Location: Rockville, Maryland
Position Type: Full Time
The Tower Companies is a recognized real estate leader in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area and develops and manages high performance properties, while incorporating sustainable and innovative practices. The green building leader owns, develops, and manages over 5 million square feet in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area consisting of office buildings, office parks, lifestyle centers, regional malls, eco-progressive live-work-play communities and hotels with over 8,000,000 SF in the development pipeline.
Our company is seeking a Senior Property Manager that will oversee and lead property management and engineering teams responsible for commercial office and retail property operations. The successful candidate will manage properties and teams with a primary focus on day-to-day operational management, planning and staffing, and have the ability to set goals and execute projects with a large interdisciplinary team.
The Senior Property Manager will report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and be able to demonstrate core competencies including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Proven experience in Asset Management
- Oversee and manage daily operations for engineering teams
- Ability to cultivate and sustain strong relationships with clients (tenants), service providers, and building staff
- Oversee and implement programs to measure and continuously improve tenant satisfaction and overall building operations
- Communicate and coordinate with building tenants to investigate and resolve issues
- Negotiate service agreements and manage vendor scopes of work
- Responsible for understanding property management best practices and managing related programs related to maintenance, cleaning , waste, security, sustainability, etc. activities
- Communicate and coordinate with leasing, legal, accounting, construction, engineering, and sustainability teams to complete projects in a timely and collaborative manner
- Implement and manage effective systems to develop, track, and meet budget goals
- Conduct monthly meetings to present and review property financials with accounting
- Oversee performance reviews with staff and assist with professional development
Position Qualifications & Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following required degrees, certificates or competencies:
- 5+ years of real estate/property management experience
- 2+ years of general management experience
- BA/BS Degree preferred or equivalent work experience is required
- Real Property Administrator (RPA®) Designation preferred
- LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred
- Knowledge of latest trends and technologies related building operations including, but not limited to, cleaning, security, concierge services, sustainability services
- General knowledge and interest of green building trends in the real estate industry and familiarity with LEED and other sustainability practices for existing buildings
- Demonstrated experience with accounting and property management software such as YARDI, Workspeed, Building Engines, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Proven experience with budget development and ability to meet or exceed goals
- Strong understanding of financial reporting, including variance of actual vs budget numbers
- Strong understanding of lease agreements and lease terms and prior management of service contracts
- Ability to prioritize projects to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Experience with overall management of personnel, leading successful and collaborative teams to meet goals, and performance management
- Provide highest degree of professionalism and customer service with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding communications, follow through and follow-up, and ability to meet commitments and deadlines
- Ability to be flexible, proactive, highly motivated and have strong organizational skills
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary including a full range of health benefits, generous Paid Time Off, 401K and other benefits are available. The Tower Companies is an equal opportunity employer to all persons and offers a collaborative and exciting work environment.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this position and working for The Tower Companies, please send your resume and cover letter to Gail O’Donovan at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.