Job Description: Commercial Property Management Coordinator
Job Location: HQ –Rockville, MD
Position Type: Full Time
Hours: 9-5pm, Monday through Friday; non-exempt
The primary objective of this position is to support the Senior Commercial Property Manager (MD), and the MD Commercial Property Management department/team. In addition, this role requires some support of the Tower Portfolio of assets, and the Accounting department in various property management related accounting processes as directed or needed.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the primary Administrator of Building Engines, updating and maintaining information across the portfolios. Serve as primary POC for any Building Engines systems issues.
- Serve as the Administrator for Tenant Electronic Handbooks portals across the portfolios; maintain and update as needed. Serve as primary POC for any Tenant Electronic Handbook systems issues.
- Serve as a backup for portfolio wide property insurance claims and ensure efficient and detailed follow through on all claims as directed.
- Create PO’s for all Maryland commercial properties. Follow up, receive in system, upload delivery/service tickets, emails, etc., in Yardi for accounting to process payment. Research for accounting when needed to process payments.
- Answer phone calls from clients and vendors. Serve as the primary POC for customer services issues and vendor questions/issues.
- Monitor all Work Order requests submitted in Building Engines and assist in entering service requests and preventive maintenance requests for all Maryland commercial properties. Update information for Maryland properties on a continuing basis.
- Order maintenance supplies as needed for MD Engineers. Order uniforms for all MD commercial employees.
- Prepare mass emails for MD commercial clients – drafts, proof, correct errors and/or grammar then submit per the “Procedure for Mass Emails and Flyers.”
- Monitor all Security Reports for all Maryland commercial properties and follow up with repairs, etc., as needed, copying the Senior Property Manager and the PM Department. Also prepare letters for violations noted on reports for Clients and copy legal notification address of store.
- Maintain files for all Maryland commercial properties and upload letters and emails to Document Locator, including letters and emails to retail clients for violations, etc.
- Handle all aspects of all Maryland commercial client events (such as car show, pumpkin carving, holiday luncheons, caroling, etc.) including, but not limited to the following:
- Send calendar invitations for all scheduled events, preparations, repairs, including posting of flyers, etc to the team.
- Make sure all arrangements are made including table cloths are cleaned in advance and arrangements made for everything needed for the event.
- Make sure all/any food is ordered through caterers, etc., at the direction of the Senior Property Manager
- Follow up the morning of the event to be sure tables are set up and the food is on schedule and/or has been delivered.
- Maintain inventories on popcorn, oil, napkins, tablecloths, cups, utensils, etc.
- Make sure we have current COI’s on file for the client’s vendors for their events.
- Take many photos at all events, such as photos of the pumpkin carving contest, with all company names clear in the photos and all winners showing winning status (such as 1st Place, etc.).
- Prepare flyers if needed for all events, etc., (flyers and mass emails are to be prepared and submitted for approval).
- Keep the Senior Commercial Property Manager, Engineers and PM Department advised on all details and aspects of plans.
- Required to be onsite during the events, depending on the event, as directed.
Aspen Hill Shopping Center:
- Email information to Tower and Aspen Hill clients, advising of events one week in advance.
- Manage and schedule the banner rotations and holiday decorations, using Outlook calendar and invitations, as needed.
- Manage events, mass emails/flyers as described above.
- Serve as back up and assist with the Tower Companies switchboard as needed.
- Provide support for special projects as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role within a commercial property management function
- Strong, proven Microsoft Office Suite skills and abilities including Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in learning and adopting new software systems
- Outstanding communications skills, both in writing and verbally; writing samples required
- Tenacious attention to detail; outstanding organizational and follow up skills required
- A passion for the customer experience; proven excellence in customer service
- Flexibility and ability to travel to sites within the Maryland portfolio to attend events or meet with clients as required
- Ability to work 9-5pm each day with occasional OT
*All candidates must submit to and meet the required outcomes of a background check, drug test and reference check prior to commencing employment.
BS or BA degree highly preferred-may consider recent grad with relative internships/work experience
Experience using Building Engines, Yardi software (or similar)
Experience in processing insurance claims in highly preferred
The Tower Companies is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collaborative and exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan.
If you are interested in this position and working for The Tower Companies, please send your resume and cover letter to Kathy.murphy@Towercompanies.com No phone calls please.
About The Tower Companies
For three generations, the family-owned Tower Companies has maintained a commitment to responsible development and envisions a world where buildings inspire and enrich the lives of their occupants, and create positive social change. The green building leader owns, develops, and manages over 5 million square feet in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area consisting of office buildings, office parks, lifestyle centers, regional malls, eco-progressive live-work-play communities and hotels with over 8,000,000 SF in the development pipeline. The Tower Companies built Blair Towns, the first LEED certified apartments in the country, and is an international authority in the industry. We have been recognized for our commitment to sustainability and energy independence by numerous national organizations and federal agencies, including US Green Building Council, US Department of Energy and the US Environmental Protection Agency.