Reports to: Property Manager
Supervises: On-site office personnel in the absence of the PM/Director
Compensation: Non-Exempt / Hourly. Bonus as determined by the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receives and collects all rent and cash receipts in accordance with company
· Maintains all resident files, ensuring completeness and accuracy of all
paperwork and documentation.
· Inputs all cash receipts to appropriate income accounts in Yardi and
prepares and generates a list of deposit receipts and amounts in accordance
with company standards.
· Ensures the timely collections of all rent receipts through the preparation
and distribution of delinquency reports to the Property Manager and
· Drives the delinquent rent process pro-actively to ensure minimal monthly
· Prepares and delivers all legal and formal notices, including but not limited
to late notices, change in term notices, renewal notices, notices to quit and
acknowledgments of notice to vacate in accordance with state and local laws
and company standards.
· Maintains all account records and transactions including NSF’s, rent
allowances, concessions, rent increases and other management approved
debits and credits.
· Reviews, prepares and approves Statements of Deposit Accounts (SODAs),
ensuring all statements are completed timely in accordance with state law
and that all charges are necessary and accurate as stated on the Move Out
Inspection Report, and company standards.
· Contributes to achieving the financial goals of the community through
assisting in the development, preparation and administration of the capital
and operating budgets for the community.
· Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Assists property manager with inspections of all physical aspects of the
property, and ensuring that they are at all times fully functional and
maintained in an attractive condition through daily visual inspections,
property walks and team walks as necessary.
· Maintain an excellent customer service relationship by adhering to the
highest levels of customer service expectations. This should include both
internal and external customers and will involve prompt follow up with each
and every customer, via their preferred method of communication and
ensuring that customers are never waiting to hear from us.
· Ensure written communication to residents is professional and timely.
· Work with the various departments, both at the Blairs and at the corporate
office to ensure a seamless, valuable experience for our residents.
· Comply with all Federal, State and Local Fair Housing laws and statutory
requirements when working with residents.
· Communicate effectively and professionally with staff members and ensure
compliance of all personnel management standards. Be an example.
· Be responsive and receptive to owners’ needs, goals, and objectives.
· Participate in company training classes and meetings as required.
· Effectively understand and operate the company’s various software
programs and ensure staff is properly trained in the respective programs for
· Enforce resident retention and service request follow-up programs.
· Assist the Property Manager and General Manager with management
functions and other responsibilities as required.
· Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills
and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
A college degree is preferred but not required. The position requires the ability to read
and write English fluently, the ability to accurately perform intermediate mathematical
functions and the ability to understand and perform all on-site resident management
A minimum of two years experience in residential property management or a related
field is required.
The position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of
the year. Due to the property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals
be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime
hours when requested. The position requires the ability to serve on-call, as scheduled
or as necessary. Travel may be required at times to attend various company gatherings
either in the general vicinity of the associates home property, or in another state. You
must also be able to attend certain resident events that are held after hours.
The position requires excellent skills in the management and motivation of people and
the ability to communicate effectively with residents, prospects, and vendors. In
addition, the position requires, but is not limited to, the following:
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong administrative and organizational skills (juggling multiple projects, tasks
· Ability to think rationally during a crisis
· Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize wisely
· Strong customer service orientation
· Good understanding of sales and marketing concepts and the ability to develop,
implement, and evaluate marketing plans
· Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements including dealing with vendors
· Ability to close a sale
· Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and company
utilized software packages
· Minimum of basic knowledge of computers
· Ability to use Outlook, Yardi, MyBuilding
· Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel
· Minimum of basic knowledge of the Internet
Learning & Development:
Maintain a commitment to ongoing personal development and career growth though
career path activities provided through the corporate office and external sources as
Please contact Tony Perichino at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 301.589.6399