Reports to: Leasing Manager
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Compensation: Non-Exempt / eligible for overtime. Bonuses based on bonus program.
Summary: Interacts directly with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum revenue and satisfied customers. The Leasing Consultant is responsible for the sales process including, but not limited to, marketing, lead management, touring, closing and providing unparalleled customer service to prospects and residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an excellent customer service relationship with prospective residents, current residents, vendors and members of the community.
- Leasing apartments and sell the product and services of the property to prospective residents, including, but no limited to, features and benefits of the apartments, ecopads, building and property amenities and the Blairs Lifestyles Program.
- Respond to internet leads, answer prospect calls and conduct property tours following the guidelines outlined in the mystery shop forms and policies.
- Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies to increase property traffic, maintain closing ratios and work to achieve and exceed budgeted revenues.
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property and that of major competition.
- Accurately prepare and have a thorough knowledge of all lease related paperwork.
- Maintain prospect traffic and leasing data, and assist with other computer data entry as necessary.
- Deliver resident gifts, inspect units for move ins to ensure apartments are ready.
- Assist with planning and hosting of resident functions as needed.
- Responsible for auditing all lease files for bonus submission to the Leasing Manager.
- Review guest cards to ensure entry into Yardi and follow up as well as monitor any traffic trends.
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Associates must follow requirements for training/development plans. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
A minimum of a high school education is required. The position requires the ability to read and write English fluently, and the ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
- 1-2 years experience in residential leasing required.
- Lease-up experience preferred.
- Leasing experience in Class A communities preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills a must.
The position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the Community staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime hours when requested. Position requires the ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary.
- Must be team oriented but able to work independently on occasion
- Excellent sales skills
- Must possess leadership skills and coaching ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
- Must be well organized
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multi-task
- Must demonstrate tact and diplomacy
- Intermediate knowledge of computers
- Intermediate knowledge Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Expanded knowledge of Internet and Social Media marketing
- Ability to learn and operate all company software programs
Learning & Development:
Maintain a commitment to ongoing personal development and career growth though career path activities provided through internal and external sources as needed.
Associate must wear career apparel based on defined company standards.
The Tower Companies is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collaborative and exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan.
If you’re interested in this position and working for The Tower Companies, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@towercompanies.com. No phone calls please.
About The Tower Companies
For three generations, the family-owned Tower Companies has maintained a commitment to responsible development and envisions a world where buildings inspire and enrich the lives of their occupants, and create positive social change. The green building leader owns, develops, and manages over 5 million square feet in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area consisting of office buildings, office parks, lifestyle centers, regional malls, eco-progressive live-work-play communities and hotels with over 8,000,000 SF in the development pipeline. The Tower Companies is recognized as an international authority in the industry, and to have been recognized for its commitment to sustainability and energy independence by numerous national organizations and federal agencies, including US Green Building Council, US Department of Energy and the US Environmental Protection Agency.