Reports to: Sr. Marketing Manager
Compensation: Exempt / Salaried
Revised Date: 1/9/2015
Location: The Blairs – Silver Spring, MD
- This is an innovative role, combining traditional social programming and activity coordinator duties in order to create a sense of community and belonging for our residents with an additional set of responsibilities to support the Sr. Marketing Manager, including various administrative duties, coordinating events/activities and assisting with program initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Sr. Marketing Manager in creating an annual community event calendar that includes a variety of activities with the specific purpose of engaging residents and creating a sense of belonging and community through social activities, both on and off site.
- Create and implement outreach programs and a monthly newsletter to increase participation in community events, including flyer creation and delivery, e-blasts, social media and other notification methods that may be available.
- Identify methods for creating cool, interesting and engaging outreach practices and implementation protocols.
- Assist Sr. Marketing Manager in social media efforts for The Blairs.
- Produce a community newsletter that engages residents in activities both on and off site, and includes articles on sustainable lifestyle practices.
- Research and survey the residents and associates periodically to determine what types of events are desired.
- Track event statistics, such as participation levels, location, and demographics of attendees in order to determine which events are more successful.
- Assist in the coordination of food and of food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (floral arrangements, linens, color schemes. Etc.) to meet quality expectations.
- Create maintain working relationships with multiple vendors, including, but not limited to, caterers, disc jockeys, Blair Shops businesses, car-share providers, organic food box delivery services, green vending machine companies, etc. with a focus on providing discounts to our residents through the online resident portal as well as providing healthy, sustainable services for community events.
- Maintain an excellent customer service relationship with all residents, associates, vendors and the general public.
- Propose new ideas to improve sustainable lifestyles, event planning and the implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events.
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in person and by phone and email, with high professionalism.
- Interest in sustainability, community development and communications.
- The successful candidate will exhibit a demonstrable passion for personal sustainability and well-being, a comfort in selling new ideas to people, a pioneering spirit, and can do attitude.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations or quality.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekends on a regular consistent basis.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- At least 3 years experience with office administrative management preferable.
- At least 1 year experience coordinating special events preferable,
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, email and web searches, and skill in use of social media.
- Living on-site preferred.
For more information, please contact: