Office Location: Rockville, Maryland
Position Type: Full Time
For three generations, the family-owned Tower Companies has maintained a commitment to responsible development and continues to envision a world where buildings inspire and enrich the lives of their occupants and create positive social change. The sustainable building leader owns, develops, and manages over 5 million square feet in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area consisting of office buildings, office parks, lifestyle centers, regional malls, eco-progressive live-work-play communities and hotels, with an additional 8 million square feet in the development pipeline.
Our company is seeking a Director of Human Resources and Talent Management who will be primarily responsible for talent attraction and retention, performance evaluations, and employee relations. We aim to foster an enjoyable, collaborative, and productive workplace environment for Tower employees by investing in professional development, team-building, and well-being. As our Director of Human Resources and Talent Management you will also be responsible for maintaining our culture and supporting our valued teams.
As our Director of Human Resources and Talent Management, you will be responsible for the following activities.
- General Human Resources Management: Review, update and maintain human resources policies and procedures, including employee handbooks and directories, performance evaluation forms, various personnel transactions, benefits plan participation, organizational charts, and statistics for regulatory reporting.
- Talent Acquisition: Manage the talent acquisition process for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers. This process includes writing and placing job position advertisements, working with appropriate supervisors to screen and interview candidates, conducting reference checks, background checks, and drug screens, working with the legal department to determine exemption status, writing and extending job offers, and facilitating the on-boarding process to ensure a welcoming experience for all new hires.
- Talent Evaluation, Retention and Satisfaction: Develop and implement policies and programs that assist with talent retention. Examples include developing and managing the annual performance review process, social engagement and team building events, and developing new ideas with the executive team to build and maintain a collaborative company culture and work environment. Update and manage the annual performance evaluation policy, process and form templates.
- Talent Training and Development: Develop, update, and maintain training and development policies, procedures, and recommendations based on job positions and level within the organization.
- Employee Relations: Address employee relations issues, including work complaints, harassment allegations, and other employee concerns and conducting workplace, disciplinary, and termination investigations.
- Compliance Management: Implement and enforce compliance with Federal and State regulations concerning employment, including exempt and non-exempt regulations. Track changes to laws relating to compensation and benefits and fill out regulatory certifications. Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Human Resources Management System – Evaluate options for and develop an updated Human Resources Management System with the accounting and information technology teams to track and maintain HR/personnel information and records.
- Payroll & Benefits: Work with the accounting team to coordinate payroll and benefits administration, as needed.
Position Qualification and Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following degrees, certifications, and competencies.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, personnel, business administration or related subject. Graduate degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Excellent knowledge of industry regulations and guidelines.
- Professional in Human Resources® (PHR®) from HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®), SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential.
- Experience with coordinating, supervising and managing payroll and benefits administration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes, and workplace investigations.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide excellent customer service, the highest degree of professionalism, and form lasting client relationships both internally and externally.
- Creative, flexible, proactive, and highly motivated.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and time management skills and ability to prioritize projects to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Compensation and Benefits
The Tower Companies is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collaborative and exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, generous paid time off, 401(k) plan with company matching, and other unique employee programs.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this position and working for The Tower Companies, please send your resume and cover letter to Eugenia.Gregorio@towercompanies.com. No phone calls please.