Job Description: Concierge
Office Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Reports to: Property Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Shifts: (2)-7AM-3PM and 3PM-11PM
The Concierge is a customer-facing role, and is a true Ambassador of The Tower Company. This individual interacts with both existing and prospective residents, vendors, contractors, visitors, as well as other employees. The Concierge enhances the resident experience by providing outstanding customer and guest services. This position reports to the Property Manager.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing outstanding customer service to our residents and their guests. There is no matter too small to our superior concierge team!
- Providing regular communication updates to the Property Manager and other team members to keep them apprised of issues or concerns relative to residents, vendors or building systems.
- Sorting mail and packages for our residents– both incoming and outgoing
- Conducting telephone call-backs after service requests are completed
- Setting up and managing all marketing paperwork packets
- Routinely walk property and public areas to be available to tenants or raise awareness to anything that may need attention
- Managing guest accesses such as commissioning apartment locks, and guest parking
- Creating daily reports highlighting events of shift and provide photographic evidence as needed, ensure completion of daily front desk check list of tasks
- Maintaining coffee and concession area
- Fielding future prospects and phone call inquiries for leasing, ensuring they meet with appropriate party and are greeted with professionalism and enthusiasm
- Providing security support, checking cameras as needed
- Participating in staff meetings
- Completing special Projects as needed
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Four-year degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of property management or hospitality service required
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience in property management software such as Yardi, MRI, etc a plus
- Takes ownership of role, striving for total resident satisfaction as an Ambassador of the Tower brand while maintaining the structure and operational guidelines set forth.
- Strong organizational skills with proven attention to detail
- Capable of effectively managing multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong command of the English language
- Excellent human relations skills; able to diffuse difficult situations or conflicts
- Exercises discernment and judgement when escalating issues to upper management
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional/courteous manner under all circumstances
- Must adhere to all The Tower Companies’ policies and conduct standards
The Tower Companies is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collaborative and exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan.
If you’re interested in this position and working for The Tower Companies, please send your resume and cover letter to Kathy.Murphy@Towercompanies.com
No phone calls please. EOE-The Tower Companies, and its affiliates, are Equal Opportunity Employers.
About The Tower Companies
For three generations, the family-owned Tower Companies has maintained a commitment to responsible development and envisions a world where buildings inspire and enrich the lives of their occupants, and create positive social change. The green building leader owns, develops, and manages over 5 million square feet in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area consisting of office buildings, office parks, lifestyle centers, regional malls, eco-progressive live-work-play communities and hotels with over 8,000,000 SF in the development pipeline. The Tower Companies is recognized as an international authority in the industry, and to have been recognized for its commitment to sustainability and energy independence by numerous national organizations and federal agencies, including US Green Building Council, US Department of Energy and the US Environmental Protection Agency.