Position: Assistant Property Manager, The Blairs (buildings TBD)
Reports to: Property Manager, The Blairs (buildings TBD)
Direct reports: None
The Tower Companies seeks a dynamic, emerging leader to serve as the Assistant Property Manager of our well established, high rise community located near downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, The Blairs. The Blairs offers an authentic community. We engage our residents to really know and enjoy each other by providing opportunities for them do so. On any given day you’ll find us at together at a happy hour or morning breakfast gathering, at a kids craft event, or a live concert or music night on the green. Our community has a vital retail center within, including a grocery store, 24 hour CVS; services such as a dry cleaner and nail salon, and restaurants offerings: Mama Lucia’s, PEETS Coffee, Crisp & Juicy, and our newest additions, District Taco and Zinburger Wine and Burger Bar! We are located across from a Metro and Marc train station, are just a 20 minute drive to downtown DC. Our residents enjoy all of these conveniences, but are most impressed by our enthusiastic and professional team and their commitment to providing an outstanding experience to all who reside here.
The Assistant Property Manager will assist the Property Manager with responsibilities for the daily operations of the property, including but not limited to the following:
- Resolving resident issues and concerns professionally and promptly
- Walking vacant units and inspect for move in readiness
- Executing Move-Out Inspections
- Approving leases for the leasing team
- Along with the business office, collecting delinquent rent as requested
- Managing resident ledgers, inputting charges as incurred as requested
- Leasing apartments as needed to meet staffing schedules
- Assist Property Manager with the property’s revenue management pricing
- Assist Property Manager’s efforts to create and monitor all aspects of marketing for the property.
- Assist Property Manager with monitoring and responding to property’s online reviews
- Assist Property Manager with training and on-boarding of new staff members
- Assist Property manager with purchase order process
- Coordinate and manage guest suite rental programs
- Assist Marketing manager in execution/assignment of events & marketing
Position Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree (highly preferred)
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in multifamily residential Property Management
- History of successful leasing; a demonstrated expertise in the leasing process with high closing ratio and highly rated shops and customer service scores.
- Experience in resident (current or existing) issue resolution; excellent problem solving skills and resourcefulness.
- Knowledge of Yardi Software and Revenue Management
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills, strong Excel
- Extremely strong administrative skills; naturally organized and process driven.
- Strong detail orientation; ability to plan and meet deadlines.
- Ability to track open items and follow through completion.
- Outstanding written and verbal English language skills. Concise, professional, but approachable writing style.
- A proven desire and ability to uphold policies, processes and procedures consistently.
- A proven ability to professionally diffuse difficult and sometimes emotional situations.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Professional discretion is required.
- A minimum of one weekend per month will be required (with 2 days off during the week) to meet staffing needs; flexibility is essential.
- Ability to respond to emergencies on site as needed, within a reasonably short response time.
- Successful completion of background check and drug test to meet Tower’s hiring standards.
High rise experience
Previous experience in an Assistant Manager or similar capacity
The Tower Companies is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collaborative and exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan.
If you’re interested in this position and working for The Tower Companies, please send your resume and cover letter to Kathy.Murphy@Towercompanies.com
No phone calls please. EOE
About The Tower Companies
For three generations, the family-owned Tower Companies has maintained a commitment to responsible development and envisions a world where buildings inspire and enrich the lives of their occupants, and create positive social change. The green building leader owns, develops, and manages over 5 million square feet in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area consisting of office buildings, office parks, lifestyle centers, regional malls, eco-progressive live-work-play communities and hotels with over 8,000,000 SF in the development pipeline. The Tower Companies is recognized as an international authority in the industry, and to have been recognized for its commitment to sustainability and energy independence by numerous national organizations and federal agencies, including US Green Building Council, US Department of Energy and the US Environmental Protection Agency.