Job Description: Assistant Project Manager, Construction
Office Location: Rockville, Maryland
Position Type: Full Time
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for working directly with the Director of Design & Construction to manage and oversee Tower’s new construction and renovation projects. The Tower Team strives to be a leader in the Washington D.C. real estate industry, by developing and managing high performance properties, while striving to incorporate sustainable and innovative practices. The Director of Design & Construction and Assistant Project Manager will work closely with the engineering, property management, sustainability, leasing, legal, and accounting teams to ensure the completion of highly successful projects, on time and on budget.
The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for working with the Director of Design & Construction on the following efforts:
- Oversee new construction and renovation projects across the Tower portfolio;
- Manage architects, engineers, and other design consultants from design process through construction administration;
- Assist with development of budgets and pro-formas for projects;
- Oversee permitting process for projects;
- Manage procurement bidding process for projects;
- Review contract documents including plans and specifications, applicable submittals, shop drawings, and RFI’s;
- Review general contractor schedule updates;
- Review, approve and process all invoices associated with construction projects;
- Review, negotiate and approve general contractor change order requests;
- Coordinate with Property Management on project impacts to properties, buildings and residents/tenants;
- Manage the procurement, receipt and placement of FF&E items associated with projects;
- Develop project specific security system designs and manage installation/integration with existing security system infrastructure;
- Prepare and confirm completion of project punch lists;
- Maintain a current knowledge of applicable codes and ordinances related to construction and sustainability standards;
- Verify that LEED requirements are being followed by contractors at all times;
- Represent the Company at speaking events or project tours;
- Achieve and/or maintain LEED AP credentials;
- Assist in the management and documentation of LEED projects as well as future guidelines that may be established;
- Assist in the identifying and generating documentation related to utility rebates, tax credits, tax deductions, and similar programs;
- Other duties that may be assigned that relate to real estate development, new construction, and renovation.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or construction.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ related work experience
- Familiar with LEED and other sustainability practices.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and product/material specifications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize projects to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to be flexible, proactive, highly motivated and have strong organizational skills.
The Tower Companies is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collaborative and exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan.
If you’re interested in this position and working for The Tower Companies, please send your resume and cover letter to Jake Kamon, Director of Design & Construction, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.