Position: Resident Manager
Reports to: TBD
Direct reports: none
Exempt, full time position
The Tower Companies seeks a dynamic, driven leader to serve as the Resident Manager of one of our well established, high rise communities located near downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, at The Blairs campus. As a part of our dedicated and success-focused team, you will be making a difference in the lives of our residents. The Blairs offers an authentic community where we engage our residents to really know and enjoy each other by providing opportunities for them do so. On any given day you’ll find us together at a happy hour or morning breakfast gathering, at a kids’ craft event, or a live concert or movie night on the green. Our community has a vital retail center within, including a grocery store, 24 hour CVS, multiple restaurants and services for our residents. We are located across from a Metro and Marc train station, are just a 20-minute drive to downtown DC. Our residents enjoy all of these conveniences, but are most impressed by the team and their commitment to providing an outstanding experience to all who reside here.
We seek an experienced, customer focused Resident Manager who will inspire others by leading by example. The chosen candidate will have not only strong leadership skills and abilities, but will also have a solid business acumen, some experience budgeting and forecasting, as well as vendor selection and management, expense management and high operational standards.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Leading by example, demonstrating consistency, accountability, professionalism and unparalleled customer service in all circumstances.
Providing positive coaching and mentoring to those around them; championing team members encouraging their development and learning.
Assist sales, marketing and operational activities that achieve budgeted occupancy and customer retention goals. Setting goals; providing opportunities to achieve and surpass goals.
Assist with the completion of market surveys, analyze competitors and evaluate weekly and monthly specials.
Serving as the point of contact for resident matters and concerns; resolving issues swiftly and consistent to policies and best practices. Owning issues as they arise and ensuring follow up for all matters of concern.
Managing the financial performance of the property in accordance with the established budget and providing operational and financial reports to ownership.
Cultivating and maintaining strong, loyal relationships with all constituents—owners, residents, employees and vendors.
Understanding and communicating Tower’s value proposition to all stakeholders: employees, residents, community partners, vendor partners.
Creating an operating environment that assures consistent resident engagement, yielding outstanding customer satisfaction ratings and community reviews. Serving as a passionate evangelist of the Blair’s and Tower!
- 3+ years of experience as a leader in the property management industry; previous leasing experience a must.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done
- An ability to set your own priorities each day; create your own structure.
- A customer engagement mentality; naturally service minded and striving to exceed resident expectations.
- Strong achievement mindset; ability to motivate others to achievement.
- A track record of success building, developing and retaining high-performing teams
- A track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with clients, investors, ownership groups and vendors
- Some experience managing a budget and/or P&L
- Proficiency with industry software (YARDI highly pref), apps and computer programs
- Strong financial and reporting skills; Excel proficiency
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- A sharp professional appearance.
- The availability to work weekends, if needed.
- The ability to respond to emergencies and be onsite within no more than 30 minutes, if required.
- The ability to respond to emergency phone calls and emails after hours, as needed.
- The ability to open and operate the property on time during inclement weather.
Preferred qualifications include:
A college degree
High rise experience
Experience working in property management in Montgomery County, MD
All external candidates for consideration must submit to and pass (according to Tower’s hiring standards) a background check and drug testing.
The Tower Companies is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collaborative and exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan.
If you’re interested in this position and working for The Tower Companies, please send your resume and cover letter to Kathy.Murphy@Towercompanies.com
No phone calls please.
The Tower Companies, and its affiliates, are Equal Opportunity Employers.
About The Tower Companies
For three generations, the family-owned Tower Companies has maintained a commitment to responsible development and envisions a world where buildings inspire and enrich the lives of their occupants, and create positive social change. The green building leader owns, develops, and manages over 5 million square feet in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area consisting of office buildings, office parks, lifestyle centers, regional malls, eco-progressive live-work-play communities and hotels with over 8,000,000 SF in the development pipeline. The Tower Companies is recognized as an international authority in the industry, and to have been recognized for its commitment to sustainability and energy independence by numerous national organizations and federal agencies, including US Green Building Council, US Department of Energy and the US Environmental Protection Agency.