Reports to: Chief Engineer
Compensation: Non-exempt / Hourly.
Summary: Maintenance Technician will be responsible for repairing, fixing or replacing broken items within the apartments and building itself.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an excellent customer service relationship to residents & vendors
- Responsible for executing maintenance requests
- Make units ready for new Residents. Punch out
- Painting, lock changes, caulking, light plumbing, electrical, window coverings
- Maintain open communication with all members of property management
- Participate in company training classes and meetings as required.
- Monitor and control shop inventory
- Assist in Keeping the grounds and common areas free of trash
- Adhere to the company’s Standard Operating Procedures and communicate changes to the company in a timely, effective manner
- Perform On-Call emergency service as required
- Perform snow removal as required
- Assist other team members as needed
- Move heavy objects as requested, lifting up to 100 lbs. and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work on ladders
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Associates must follow requirements for training/development plans. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
- 2+ years’ experience required as full time Maintenance Technician in Commercial & Residential properties
The position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the Community staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individual be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime hours when requested. Position requires the ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required. Special online class should be taken to use heavy equipment around the property. Continuing education is required throughout the year.
- Must be team oriented but able to work independently on occasion
- Must possess leadership skills and coaching ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
- Must be well organized
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multi-task
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in person and by phone and email, with high professionalism.
- Successful candidates will exhibit a demonstrable passion for high quality results and a can-do attitude
- Ability to accomplish innovative projects with little supervision
- Intermediate knowledge of computers
- Intermediate knowledge Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
Learning & Development:
Maintain a commitment to ongoing personal development and career growth though career path activities provided through internal and external sources as needed.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position and working for The Tower Companies, please send your resume and cover letter to John D’Costa at John.firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The Tower Companies is a recognized real estate leader in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area and develops and manages high performance properties, while incorporating sustainable and innovative practices. The green building leader owns, develops, and manages over 5 million square feet in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area consisting of office buildings, office parks, lifestyle centers, regional malls, eco-progressive live-work-play communities and hotels with over 8,000,000 SF in the development pipeline.