Location: Silver Spring, MD
- The Maintenance Supervisor will direct maintenance team objectives and maintain all common areas, central plants, building systems and apartments. The Maintenance Supervisor has daily contact with residents and contractors and therefore is a key participant. The main functions of the position include:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the on-site team in managing all maintenance-related repairs and upkeep of the property.
- Manage the make ready process to ensure apartments are prepared for move-in in a timely fashion.
- Initiate, perform & oversee maintenance projects that improve curb appeal, maintain and optimize building systems, and monitor contractor performance.
- Develop scopes of work for small improvements/services and seek out qualified contractors to bid the work.
- Manage expenses properly in accordance with owner goals and actively seek to minimize expenses regularly, through the proposal process and pricing negotiation, as well as the budgeting process.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, negotiate pricing, collaborate on approved vendor list.
- Direct supervision and support for the maintenance team on a daily basis, including identifying training and development opportunities and holding the team accountable for the condition of their buildings and work areas.
- Direct the Preventative Maintenance program, ensure timely completion and thorough documentation.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal housing requirements as it relates to leasing and management of the property.
- Create and motivate a team that focuses on customer service and curb appeal on a daily basis.
- Manage and control payroll and overtime.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must be detail oriented and hard working.
- Extensive knowledge of residential building systems a must, including but not limited to, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air handlers, condensing units, roof fans.
- Professional building system licenses are preferred and may be required based on the building type of the assigned property.
- HVAC and/or CFC certifications required (or other applicable designations)
- Lead paint certifications (as necessary)
- CAMTI and CAMTII are preferred
- Proficient using maintenance related programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, email and web searches.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in person and by phone and email, with high professionalism.
- Successful candidates will exhibit a demonstrable passion for high quality results and a can-do attitude.
- Ability to accomplish innovative projects with little supervision.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends and on an emergency basis.
- May be required to work overtime, work outside, travel, be on-call or be available for emergency situations including weekends and holidays.
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and good mathematics skills.
- Ability to work well with others and foster an environment of team work.
- Manual dexterity and coordination needed to operate hand and power tools and equipment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance and a physical examination will be required.
- May be required to have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
The position requires the ability to read and write English fluently, the ability to accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions and the ability to understand and perform all on-site resident management software functions.
A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in residential property management or a related field is required.
The position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime hours when requested. The position requires the ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary. Travel may be required at times to attend various owner gatherings either in the general vicinity of the associates home property, or in another state. You must also be able to attend certain resident events that are held after hours.
- Minimum of basic knowledge of computers
- Ability to use Outlook and OneSite
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Minimum of basic Internet knowledge
- Must be capable of physically accessing all exterior and interior parts of the property and amenities.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry or maneuver weights of up to 50lbs. independently and 100 lbs. with assistance.
Learning & Development:
Maintain a commitment to ongoing personal development and career growth though career path activities provided through the corporate office and external sources as needed.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to Manny Majano at Manny.Majano@TowerCompanies.com