Job Description: Human Resources Manager
Primary Office Location: Rockville, Maryland
Position Type: Full Time
For three generations, the family‐owned Tower Companies has maintained a commitment to responsible development and continues to envision a world where buildings inspire and enrich the lives of their occupants and create positive social change. The sustainable building leader owns, develops, and manages over 5 million square feet in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area consisting of office buildings, office parks, lifestyle centers, regional malls, eco‐progressive livework‐ play communities and hotels, with an additional 8 million square feet in the development pipeline.
Our company is seeking a Human Resources Manager who will be responsible for talent retention and attraction, benefits and payroll administration, performance evaluations, and employee relations.
We aim to foster an enjoyable, collaborative, and productive workplace environment for Tower employees by investing in professional development, team‐building, and well‐being. As our human resources manager, you will also be responsible for maintaining our culture and supporting our valued teams.
As our Human Resources Manager, you will be responsible for the following activities.
- Develop and administer various company policies and programs to support 100+ employees at all office locations.
- Manage the talent acquisition process for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers. This process includes writing and placing job position advertisements, working with appropriate supervisors to screen and interview candidates, conducting reference checks, background checks, and drug screens, working with the legal department to determine exemption status, writing and extending job offers, and facilitating the on‐boarding process to ensure a welcoming experience for all new hires.
- Develop and implement policies and programs that assist with talent retention. Examples include developing and managing the annual performance review process, social engagement and team building events, and developing new ideas with the executive team to build and maintain a collaborative company culture and work environment.
- Update and maintain human resources documents and records, including employee handbooks and directories, performance evaluation forms, various personnel transactions, benefits plan participation, organizational charts, and statistics for regulatory reporting.
- Address employee relations issues, including work complaints, harassment allegations, and other employee concerns and conducting workplace, disciplinary, and termination investigations.
- Manage employees’ leaves of absence requests, employee terminations, and conduct exit interviews while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Process biweekly payroll that includes base salaries, hourly wages, commissions and bonuses.
- Track vacation time and sick leave.
- Update, monitor and analyze detailed current and historic compensation and payroll information.
- Implement and enforce compliance with Federal and State regulations concerning
employment, including exempt and non‐exempt regulations.
- Track changes to laws relating to compensation and benefits and fill out regulatory
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Administer and coordinate employee benefit programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, COBRA, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Develop and conduct presentations for employees about benefit programs and other policies.
- Maintain employee and workplace privacy.
Position Qualification and Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following degrees, certifications, and competencies.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, personnel, business administration or related subject.
- Minimum 5 year’s work experience.
- Excellent knowledge of industry regulations and guidelines.
- Professional in Human Resources® (PHR®) from HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®), SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM‐CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM‐SCP) credential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes, and workplace investigations.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide excellent customer service, the highest degree of professionalism, and form lasting client relationships both internally and externally.
- Creative, flexible, proactive, and highly motivated.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and time management skills and ability to prioritize projects to meet multiple deadlines in a fast‐paced, team‐oriented environment.
Compensation and Benefits
The Tower Companies is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collaborative and exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, generous paid time off, 401(k) plan with company matching, and other unique employee programs.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this position and working for The Tower Companies, please send your resume and cover letter to Raju Luitel at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls