Reports to: Sr. Project Manager
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Supervises: Jr. Electrician when available
Compensation: Exempt/not eligible for overtime. Bonuses based on bonus program.
Summary: The In-house electrician is responsible for all of the Blair’s indoor and outdoor electrical systems as well as data & fire alarm systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an excellent customer service relationship to residents & vendors
- Oversee the process and or install electrical components on projects. Electrician to walk the job after it has been completed to ensure accuracy and satisfaction. Sign off on the completed work
- Developing and maintaining relationships with electrical vendors and negotiate pricing
- Develop weekly lighting surveys and delegate responsibilities to team members
- Participate in company training classes and meetings as required
- Create timelines for larger in house projects
- Work with County on permitting and inspections for project completion as needed
- Adhere to the company’s Standard Operating Procedures and communicate changes to the company in a timely, effective manner
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion of all construction projects
- Ensure all processes are LEED compliant where applicable
- Monitor electrical component inventory such as fixtures, wires, bulbs and misc. material
- Move heavy objects as requested, lifting up to 100 lbs. and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Maintain all campus video cameras and equipment
- Maintain all fire alarm systems throughout The Blairs’ commercial and residential areas
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Associates must follow requirements for training/development plans. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
A minimum of a high school education is required. The position requires the ability to read and write English fluently, read blue prints and the ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
- 5 years’ experience required as full time Electrician in Commercial & Residential properties
The position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the Community staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individual be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime hours when requested. Position requires the ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required. Special online class should be taken to use heavy equipment around the property. Continuing education is required throughout the year.
- Must be team oriented but able to work independently on occasion
- Must possess leadership skills and coaching ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
- Must be well organized
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multi-task
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in person and by phone and email, with high professionalism.
- Successful candidates will exhibit a demonstrable passion for high quality results and a can-do attitude.
- Ability to accomplish innovative projects with little supervision
- Intermediate knowledge of computers
- Intermediate knowledge Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
Learning & Development:
Maintain a commitment to ongoing personal development and career growth though career path activities provided through internal and external sources as needed.
The Tower Companies is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collaborative and exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan.
If you’re interested in this position and working for The Tower Companies, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
About The Tower Companies
For three generations, the family-owned Tower Companies has maintained a commitment to responsible development and envisions a world where buildings inspire and enrich the lives of their occupants, and create positive social change. The green building leader owns, develops, and manages over 5 million square feet in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area consisting of office buildings, office parks, lifestyle centers, regional malls, eco-progressive live-work-play communities and hotels with over 8,000,000 SF in the development pipeline. The Tower Companies is recognized as an international authority in the industry, and to have been recognized for its commitment to sustainability and energy independence by numerous national organizations and federal agencies, including US Green Building Council, US Department of Energy and the US Environmental Protection Agency.